Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 400ml chicken stock
- 300g crème fraiche
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g cooked turkey meat, sliced into bitesize chunks
- 600g cooked veg (carrots, sprouts, swede, squash, courgette, peas, cauliflower, etc)
- 10 roast potatoes, sliced
- 50g cheddar cheese
- Olive oil, drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160c fan.
- Melt the butter in a deep frying pan and add the onion. Cook over a gentle heat, stirring constantly until the onion is just soft.
- Add the mushrooms and continue stirring until the mushrooms are just cooked. Add the garlic and flour and carry on cooking for another minute before adding the milk and stock, a little at a time, stirring to avoid lumps.
- Stir in the crème fraiche, bay leaves and thyme and season well. Add the turkey and vegetables. Transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Lay over the sliced potatoes, sprinkle over the cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until hot and bubbling.