Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
A gorgeous and velvety broth that sizzles with the flavours of mushrooms, chicken, lemongrass and ginger amongst many others to make for a lovely dinner time treat. Sprinkle coriander on top for a perfect looking dish!
- 120g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 600ml chicken stock, chilled
- 2 chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 root of lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 5cm piece root ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and shredded
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 25g fresh coriander, very roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tom yam soup paste or 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp nam pla (fish sauce)
- 1 lime, juice
- Wedges of lime
- Bring the stock to the boil with 300ml water. Add the chicken, lemongrass and ginger then simmer for 10 mins. Use a large slotted spoon to remove any scum which might be floating on the surface of the broth.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 mins. Serve in bowls topped with a sprig of fresh coriander and garnish with lime wedges.