Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Look no further for a tasty Italian recipe! Made with a combination of both pasta and courgettes and packed with succulent mushrooms, this is the ideal healthier alternative for your carb fix.
For the mushroom and chestnut mix
- 500g baby mushrooms, left whole
- 180g chestnuts (vacuum packed), roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g softened butter
For the sauce
- 1 lemon, juice and rind
- 1 small pack chives, chopped
- 50g grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the pasta
- 1 large courgette, spiralised
- 320g dried pasta (tagliatelle, pappardelle or spaghetti)
- Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan.
- In a roasting tin or oven-safe pan/skillet, mix the mushrooms and chestnuts with the capers, garlic, butter and salt and pepper. Cover with foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes, taking out half way to stir.
- Mix the pasta sauce ingredients together, season and set aside.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the tagliatelle until al dente. Drain, but retain a little pasta water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan and add the courgette noodles. Cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and the cooked courgetti. Serve topped with the cooked mushrooms and extra chives and parmesan shavings.