Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Turn your breakfast into a real luxury this morning by adding sauteed and buttered mushrooms cooked in a creme fraiche sauce on top of thick toasted ciabatta bread for a little delight.
- 200g of chestnut mushrooms (or 100g each of chestnut and button mushrooms)
- 2 slices of ciabatta (or bread of your choice)
- Knob of butter
- Dash of Worcester sauce
- 1tbsp of crème fraiche
- Sprinkle of red chilli flakes to taste
- Finely chopped spring onion stems to garnish
- Pop two thick slices of ciabatta bread into a toaster or under a heated grill to toast
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms thickly and add to a frying pan with the butter to fry until golden brown. Season well.
- When the mushrooms are almost cooked, add the crème fraiche, a splash of Worcester sauce and a sprinkle of chilli flakes to taste
- Pour the mushrooms over the toasted ciabatta and snip the spring onion stems over the top to serve