Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Try out a new cuisine this dinner time by cooking up a South Korean spicy twist on traditional BBQ kebabs. Filled with Eastern spices and an array of juicy mushrooms, and courgettes that can be simply added to the dish.
For the kebabs
- 350g closed-cup mushrooms
- 225g cherry tomatoes
- 175g courgettes cut into 2.5cm/1” chunks
- 225g shallots, halved
- 8 bamboo kebab skewers soaked in cold water for 10 minutes
For the marinade
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ teasp hot chilli powder
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 limes, juice only
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 225g long grain rice
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Put the prepared mushrooms and vegetables into the marinade and leave, covered, for 1-2 hours.
- Thread onto kebab skewers and grill for about 10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with spare marinade.
- Serve the kebabs on a bed of boiled rice. Gently heat any spare marinade and pour over the kebabs.