Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Your salad will never be boring again with this quick to make smoky chilli and mushroom recipe. Served with sweet tomatoes, tangy red onions and cool cucumber, this lunch meal is packed with equal nutrients and flavour.
- 150g button mushrooms
- 2 beef tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 red onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- A few handfuls of lamb’s lettuce leaves
- Olive oil
- Sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper to season
- Thinly slice the mushrooms. Heat a sauté pan with a little oil. Season the mushrooms and toss them through the paprika and chilli flakes then cook the mushrooms for about a minute. Set them aside.
- Finely slice the onion and put in a bowl of water for five minutes.
- Slice the tomatoes. Halve the cucumber lengthways and deseed then slice into half-moons.
- Drain the onion and shake dry.
- Mix with the chives, tomatoes and mushrooms then drizzle with a little olive oil and sherry vinegar. Mix through some of the leaves, season to taste and serve.