Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Filled with various spices including chilli, ginger and lime, this out of the box shiitake mushroom and tiger prawn soup is a melody of gorgeous flavours. Serve with lime juice and fresh coriander for an extra flavour kick!
- 5g dried shiitake mushrooms, crumbled
- 100g button mushrooms
- 75g brown cap mushrooms, quartered
- 50g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 600ml chicken stock
- 200ml half fat coconut milk
- 15ml fish sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 3 dried kaffir lime leaves, crumbled
- 1 stalk lemon grass, finely sliced
- 1cm piece root ginger, peeled and shredded
- 200g tiger prawns, add for 4-6 minutes at the end
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1/2 lime, juice
- Place the dried shiitake mushrooms, chicken stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, red chilli, lime leaves, lemon grass and ginger in a large pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the fresh button, brown and shiitake mushrooms and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add the prawns and simmer for a further 3 mins.
- Stir in the coriander and lime and serve in bowls