Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Move over cheese slices, goats cheese is the new guy in town! These vegetarian brioche burgers are the ultimate treat with mushrooms along with avocado slices and herby red onions.
For the ‘burgers’
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 4 brioche buns
- 2 avocados, peeled, sliced and drizzled with lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 beetroots, sliced
- Goat’s cheese, sliced into 4 discs
For the herby red onion
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Heat a griddle pan and char the brioche buns.
- Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and season well. Chargrill them until soft and cooked. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the red onion and a little dash of olive oil. Season well and cook until the onion is starting to caramelise. Remove to a bowl and stir in the herbs.
- Top each bun base with a slices of beetroot, avocado, a mushroom and the herby red onion mixture.
- Place a disc of goat’s cheese on the top, place under the grill until the cheese starts to melt and top with the other half of the bun. Serve immediately.