Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Stuffed portobello mushrooms are always a great shout. Make them extra special by adding creamy camembert cheese partnered with watercress pesto and drizzle a little honey on top to make for a truly sumptuous dish!
- 8 medium or 4 large flat mushrooms
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- A little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 75g ripe Camembert, brie or Taleggio cheese, sliced
For the watercress pesto
- 50g watercress
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salad leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Place the mushrooms, gill-side up, in a single layer on a large baking tray. Drizzle honey and some seasoning over the mushrooms. Bake in the oven for 5-10 mins or until the juices have begun to run.
- Brush the mushrooms with any juices which have run out into the tray, then top each with the sliced cheese. Return to the oven and cook for 2-3 mins or until the cheese is melted and pale golden.
- Meanwhile, place all the pesto ingredients together in a blender and whiz until smooth. Add a little water if you prefer a runnier pesto.
- Arrange the salad on four plates, add the cheese topped mushrooms and drizzle a little pesto over each. Serve immediately with crusty bread.