Filled with goodness including many antioxidants including Vitamin C and served with a poached egg, this is a great lightweight treat to cook up any time of the day when your’e craving a little flavour.
- 150g closed cup mushrooms, halved or sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and roughly chopped
- ½ lemon, juice
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the mushrooms for 3-4 mins until golden.
- Push the mushrooms to one side of the pan and add the tomato slices. Fry on both sides for about 30 secs.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado and lemon with a fork. Mix in the spring onion and season.
- Meanwhile bring a shallow pan of water to a gentle simmer and drop the eggs in one at a time. Cook for a minute and then turn off the heat. Leave the eggs in the pan until just set or longer if you prefer them more well done.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Add the tomato slices, mushrooms and top with the egg.
-TIP- For an extra kick to your delicious mushroom brunch, drizzle chili sauce over the poached egg.