Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
For the sauce
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fresh green chilli, chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- 30g spinach
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 4 medium eggs
- Fresh coriander
- Tortilla wraps, 2 per person
- In a medium sized frying pan add the olive oil, onion and garlic and cook over a low heat until the onion has softened. Add the mushrooms to the pan along with the smoked paprika, chilli and red pepper, continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Now pour in the chopped tomatoes, turn the heat up a little and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and once the sauce has thickened turn the heat to a simmer. Make 4 little wells in the mix and crack in your eggs. Place a lid over the pan and simmer away until the white of the egg is cooked and the yolk is still runny.
- Whilst the eggs are cooking toast the tortillas in a dry frying pan or under a medium grill until crisp. Serve with chopped fresh coriander and if you like it spicy add a little more chopped chilli.