INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE THE BEST FRIED MUSHROOMS
Fried mushrooms, with their rich earthy appeal, are a delicious ingredient to add into any dish. Whip them up and serve on top of crispy chicken, add to a creamy pasta dish or pile them onto a loaded spicy taco. Frying mushrooms may seem simple enough, but we have compiled the best tips and tricks to ensure you achieve perfect sautéed mushrooms every time.
- Begin by cleaning the mushrooms and then proceed to cut them into the desired style. Be sure not to cut them too finely as this will result in them shrivelling.
- Heat the oil or butter in the frying pan on a medium to high heat. Once the pan is sizzling, drop the mushrooms in.
- Leave the mushrooms to cook. Resist the urge to stir the mushrooms for the first 5 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms show golden edges and no liquid is left in the pan, give the mushrooms a quick stir. The mushrooms should now have a dark reddish-brown tint with golden spots.
- Once the mushrooms are nearly cooked, add in your seasoning. Go simple with salt and pepper, or feel free to be creative and add fresh herbs, spices or garlic.
- Once the seasoning has been mixed in, remove from the pan and serve.
TIPS ON MAKING THE PERFECT FRIED MUSHROOM
Tip 1: Clean your mushrooms