Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE THE BEST FRIED MUSHROOMS
Fried mushrooms, with their rich earthy appeal, are a delicious ingredient to add into any dish. Whip them up and serve on top of crispy chicken, add to a creamy pasta dish or pile them onto a loaded spicy taco. Frying mushrooms may seem simple enough, but we have compiled the best tips and tricks to ensure you achieve perfect sautéed mushrooms every time.
- Begin by cleaning the mushrooms and then proceed to cut them into the desired style. Be sure not to cut them too finely as this will result in them shrivelling.
- Heat the oil or butter in the frying pan on a medium to high heat. Once the pan is sizzling, drop the mushrooms in.
- Leave the mushrooms to cook. Resist the urge to stir the mushrooms for the first 5 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms show golden edges and no liquid is left in the pan, give the mushrooms a quick stir. The mushrooms should now have a dark reddish-brown tint with golden spots.
- Once the mushrooms are nearly cooked, add in your seasoning. Go simple with salt and pepper, or feel free to be creative and add fresh herbs, spices or garlic.
- Once the seasoning has been mixed in, remove from the pan and serve.
TIPS ON MAKING THE PERFECT FRIED MUSHROOM
Tip 1: Clean your mushrooms