Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Delicate and rich with Vitamin C through the peppers and mushrooms, this chilli broth soup is a perfect dish to cook up in only 25 minutes. Add a little soy sauce to give it an extra kick of flavour!
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 litre vegetable stock or miso* stock
- 6 spring onions, roughly sliced
- 100g broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Soy sauce, to season
- Heat the vegetable stock or miso stock in a large saucepan until simmering, then add the mushrooms, spring onions, broccoli and chilli.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, then add the coriander.
- Season to taste with soy sauce (or use a little salt and pepper), then serve.
- To make the soup more filling, add a sachet of pre-cooked (ready-to-wok) noodles just before serving.
- You can buy miso* soup paste at most supermarkets – just follow the pack guidelines to make up 1 litre.