Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
A fabulous breakfast or lunch treat that is sure to fill you up. This panini is stuffed with mushrooms, streaky bacon and tomatoes for a hearty treat, with only a cooking time of 10 minutes!
- 150g chestnut or closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 rashers streaky bacon
- 2 paninis, split open
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard (optional)
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a medium high grill.
- Cook the bacon rashers in a non-stick frying pan until crispy. Remove from the pan with a draining spoon and set aside on kitchen paper. Add the mushrooms to the frying pan and cook them in the bacon fat for 2-3 minutes.
- At the same time, toast the split panini, cut sides up, under the grill. Spread the cut sides with a little mustard (if using).
- Share the tomatoes between the panini and top each one with 2 bacon rashers and the mushrooms. Season with ground black pepper and serve at once.