Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 2 courgettes, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced in wedges
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 lemon, rind only
- 1 small bunch basil (handful leaves reserved to serve)
- 80ml white wine
- 4 large bone in pork chops, rind removed
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan.
- In a bowl mix the mushrooms, courgette, red onion, chickpeas, olive oil, mustard, lemon rind and basil with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large baking paper lined tray, add the wine and roast for 30 mins.
- eat some oil in a heavy based pan, season the pork chops and cook over a high heat for 2 mins each side, until golden (sear fat side too).
- Remove the veg from the oven, toss everything well then top with the pork chops and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. Add fresh basil leaves, to serve.