Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
This easy to make dish is packed full of healthy flavours from mushrooms, courgette and red onion all brought together with a splash of white wine and finished with fresh basil, elevating this simply tray bake.
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 2 courgettes, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced in wedges
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 lemon, rind only
- 1 small bunch basil (handful leaves reserved to serve)
- 80ml white wine
- 4 large bone in pork chops, rind removed
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan.
- In a bowl mix the mushrooms, courgette, red onion, chickpeas, olive oil, mustard, lemon rind and basil with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large baking paper lined tray, add the wine and roast for 30 mins.
- eat some oil in a heavy based pan, season the pork chops and cook over a high heat for 2 mins each side, until golden (sear fat side too).
- Remove the veg from the oven, toss everything well then top with the pork chops and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. Add fresh basil leaves, to serve.