Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
For the skewers
- 6 medium sized closed-cup mushrooms
- 150g lamb neck fillet, cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 tsp rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the Chimichurri
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ½-1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 10g coriander
- 10g parsley
- 5g oregano
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and milled pepper
- Tortilla wraps, griddled
- Red cabbage, shredded
- In a large bowl mix the olive oil, paprika, rosemary and lemon zest. Add the mushrooms, lamb and red onion and mix well. Season with a little salt and milled pepper.
- Thread onto a skewer and place on a grill tray. Pre-heat your grill and cook the skewers for about 10-15 minutes turning every so often.
- Whilst the skewers are cooking make the chimichurri by simply placing the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Grill or griddle some tortilla wraps to crisp a little, serve along side the skewers with the chimichurri sauce, lemon wedges (use the ones you have zested) and shredded red cabbage.