Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
These tender lamb skewers are seasoned well with a marinade that packs a punch and paired with mushrooms and onion for the ultimate kebab. Spoon over a flavoursome chimichurri sauce for an added tang.
For the skewers
- 6 medium sized closed-cup mushrooms
- 150g lamb neck fillet, cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 tsp rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the Chimichurri
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ½-1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 10g coriander
- 10g parsley
- 5g oregano
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and milled pepper
- Tortilla wraps, griddled
- Red cabbage, shredded
- In a large bowl mix the olive oil, paprika, rosemary and lemon zest. Add the mushrooms, lamb and red onion and mix well. Season with a little salt and milled pepper.
- Thread onto a skewer and place on a grill tray. Pre-heat your grill and cook the skewers for about 10-15 minutes turning every so often.
- Whilst the skewers are cooking make the chimichurri by simply placing the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Grill or griddle some tortilla wraps to crisp a little, serve along side the skewers with the chimichurri sauce, lemon wedges (use the ones you have zested) and shredded red cabbage.