Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
- 150g chestnut or closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 200g tagliatelle or linguine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp red pesto
- 10 black or green olives
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- Small handful fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the tagliatelle or linguine into a large saucepan and cover with plenty of boiling water. Add a pinch of salt and cook for 8-10 minutes, according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken over a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring often. Add the onion, garlic and chilli and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and mushrooms to the chicken, cook for 3-4 minutes, then stir in the pesto, olives and capers. Add a splash of hot water (about 2 tbsp) and keep warm over a low heat.
- Drain the tagliatelle or linguine in a colander and return it to the saucepan. Stir in the chicken pesto mixture and heat for about 1 minute, stirring gently. Serve, sprinkled with parsley and black pepper.