Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
For the salad
- 200g baby chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 6 chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g mixed leaf salad
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 10 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 50g blanched almonds, chopped
For the dressing
- 100g mayonnaise (sugar free)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 20g fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Finely slice the chicken into small strips.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the chicken and mushrooms. Fry for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms are golden and the chicken is cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Place the salad leaves onto a large serving plate. Sprinkle over the celery, onion and radishes. Add the avocado.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients together with 2-3 tbsp water, until you have a pouring consistency.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken to the salad and finish with a sprinkle of almonds.