Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Toss together succulent chicken strips and mushrooms in this keto salad full of fresh ingredients from radishes to avocado which is finished with a sprinkling of crunchy almonds.
For the salad
- 200g baby chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 6 chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g mixed leaf salad
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 10 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 50g blanched almonds, chopped
For the dressing
- 100g mayonnaise (sugar free)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 20g fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Finely slice the chicken into small strips.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the chicken and mushrooms. Fry for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms are golden and the chicken is cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Place the salad leaves onto a large serving plate. Sprinkle over the celery, onion and radishes. Add the avocado.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients together with 2-3 tbsp water, until you have a pouring consistency.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken to the salad and finish with a sprinkle of almonds.