Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Try something different this morning with these easy to prep Mushroom and Cheese savoury muffins that hold all the best flavours of a continental breakfast in a singular bite.
- 175g closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- Spray oil for frying
- 175g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 125ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
- 3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180c and arrange 6 paper cases in a muffin tray.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Spray with oil then add the mushrooms and saute for 5 mins until soft. Leave to cool.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the milk, butter, egg, mushrooms, sage and 2 tbsp of the cheese. Lightly mix together.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until well risen and golden. Try one while it’s still warm!