Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
For the stroganoff
- 500g mixed mushrooms, such as chestnut, button, closed cup etc., halved or quartered depending on size
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, washed and finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 150ml white wine
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 100g cooked chestnuts, chopped
- 200g crème fraiche
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Lemon wedges
- Brown rice or cauliflower rice
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow pan and add the leeks and pepper. Fry for 3-4 minutes until just softened.
- Add the mushrooms and keep cooking until they start to brown.
- Add the garlic, tomato and paprika and cook for a further minute, before adding the wine, stock, chestnuts and crème fraiche. Season well.
- Simmer for a further 4-5 minutes until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley and a wedge of lemon.