Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Get the whole family involved and have fun putting together these juicy kebabs by skewing chunks of soft chicken, whole marinated mushrooms and slices of peppers and cook on the BBQ.
For the kebabs
- 450g closed-cup mushrooms, trimmed and wiped
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 3 mixed peppers, cut into large cubes
For the marinated
- 75ml olive oil
- 45ml balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add mushrooms, chicken and peppers and stir until well coated. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Thread onto 8 skewers alternating the mushrooms, chicken and peppers. Cook on a sheet of foil on a medium hot barbecue (or under the grill) for about 6-7 minutes on each side.