Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
For the kebabs
- 450g closed-cup mushrooms, trimmed and wiped
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 3 mixed peppers, cut into large cubes
For the marinated
- 75ml olive oil
- 45ml balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add mushrooms, chicken and peppers and stir until well coated. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Thread onto 8 skewers alternating the mushrooms, chicken and peppers. Cook on a sheet of foil on a medium hot barbecue (or under the grill) for about 6-7 minutes on each side.