Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Treat friends and family with this new side dish that perfectly accompanies any meal. Full of marinated mushrooms, onions and tomato puree, this side dish is sure to become a staple.
For the marinade
- 900g button or small closed-cup mushrooms
- 250ml wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 6 tbsp oil
- Put vinegar, garlic, bay leaves and onion into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer until the onion is tender.
- Add the tomato puree and oil. Mix together thoroughly and season to taste.
- Pour the marinade over the rinsed mushrooms. Cover and leave to cool.
- Remove garlic and bay leaves and chill in fridge until required.