Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
For the sauce
- 275g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into bitesize chunks
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
For the pasta
- 180g fresh fettuccine
- 4 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Heat half the olive oil in a sauté pan, season the chicken and brown it all over. Add the garlic and mushrooms then sauté well, tossing around a little to mix.
- Put the pan (if oven-proof, or transfer to a roasting tray if not), covered, in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes then remove and leave to rest.
- While the chicken is in the oven, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for about 3 to 4 minutes, until al dente.
- Drain the fettuccine, put back in the pan and then add the remaining olive oil, chilli flakes and lemon zest and juice and stir well.
- Add the chicken, garlic and mushrooms, stir well, add the parsley and check the seasoning.
- Serve and add parmesan to taste.