Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
A great lazy weekend treat filled with delectable ingredients, created by the great Fern Britton is filled with indulgent ingredients including sausages, chestnut mushrooms and smoked back bacon.
- 12 large chestnut mushrooms
- A dash of olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 sausages, Leek and apple are good with this
- 8 rashers smoked back bacon
- 4 eggs
- Cherry vine tomatoes
- 1 small handful of chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- Sprinkle the garlic, rosemary and olive oil over the mushrooms, season and grill them until cooked. Set aside while you grill the sausages and bacon. Add the tomatoes at the end to warm through under the grill.
- To poach the eggs, bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add a splash of malt vinegar. Crack the eggs into a small teacup, individually, slowly slide the eggs in. Turn down the water to a gentle simmer. Poach for a couple of minutes then remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Place the mushrooms on the plates and top with the sausage, bacon and poached eggs. Sprinkle with chives and a twist of pepper and serve with the tomatoes