Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 4 medium eggs
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- Roasted baby tomatoes
- Fresh rocket leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the mushroom onto a baking tray and using a teaspoon scoop out the inside of the mushroom leaving just the shell.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with a little salt and milled pepper and add the chopped thyme.
- Crack an egg into each of the mushrooms and pop into the oven for about 10-12 minutes. The yolks should be soft and remove from the oven. Sprinkle over the cheddar cheese and a little more fresh thyme and pop back into the oven for 3 minutes just to melt the cheese. Serve straight away with roasted baby tomatoes and fresh rocket.