Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Have a change from a bacon butty by replacing the bread with an egg muffin packed with mushrooms and sausages for a breakfast packed full of flavour.
- 8 large button mushrooms
- 2 sausages
- 3 rashers of back bacon
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- Splash of milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Grease the muffin tin with oil or butter, then sprinkle a little cheddar at the base of each tin.
- Fry or grill the sausages and bacon, then chop into very small pieces. Halve the mushrooms and cook in a little butter until golden and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, mix in the oregano and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Fill each muffin mould with a sausage segment, some bacon strips and mushroom then pour in the egg mix.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until nicely risen and golden. Leave to cool a little then serve with a warm tomato salad. These muffins also freeze really well for up to a month.