Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
A beautifully flavoured autumnal tray bake packed with seasonal ingredients such as chestnut mushrooms, sweet potatoes and chicken tossed in a zesty dressing and finished with a textured crunchy topping.
For the traybake
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 2 large sweet potatos, peeled and cubed
- 2 leeks, roughly chopped
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing
- A generous drizzle of olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
For the crumb
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, torn into rough pieces
- 1 lemon, zest
- A small handful of parsley
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200c.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and dried mixed herbs with a little salt and milled pepper. Toss the sweet potato, leek and mushrooms in the dressing, then place the veg in a roasting tin.
- Now toss the chicken pieces in the remaining dressing and place amongst the vegetables and bake for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, make the herby crumb by simply popping the ciabatta, parsley and lemon zest into a food processor and whizzing until you have a rough crumb.
- Now remove the tray from the oven, add the mushrooms and cherry tomatoes to the tray, scatter over the herby crumb and pop back into the oven for a further 10-15 minutes. Serve straight away.