Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
A perfect way to use up all your festive day leftovers, this Christmas Breakfast Hash is easy to rustle up and works as a indulgent treat, full of mushrooms, potatoes and onions.
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 200g potatoes, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 100g bacon lardons
- 60g Brussel sprouts, finely shredded
- 4 eggs
- 50g Stilton, crumbled
- Chopped parsley
- Cook the chopped potatoes in salted water until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low heat and gently fry the onion until soft. Turn up the heat and add the bacon, mushrooms and sprouts. Fry for 5 minutes. Return the potatoes to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Make 4 wells in the mix and crack the eggs into them. Cook gently until the eggs cook. Crumble with stilton and sprinkle with parsley to serve.