Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Wonderful as a summer dish or a hearty winter warmer, this versatile dish contains much nutrients found in the aubergines, dried apricots and chickpeas, making it a healthy and easy dish to prepare.
For the tagine
- 400g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 40g dried apricots
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 1 large courgette, cubed
- 4 tbsp harissa paste
- 30g pine nuts, toasted
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped
- Gently sauté the onion and garlic with the spices for about 5 minutes. Add the chickpeas, mushrooms, aubergine and courgette and turn up the heat.
- Stir in the stock, harissa and apricots and reduce to a simmer with the lid on for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Scatter over the parsley and pine nuts. Serve immediately with steamed buttered couscous or quinoa.