Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Quick to cook up, this simple and light dish has all the flavours needed. Mixed with tender chicken and packed with earthy mushrooms, this stirfry marinated in teriyaki sauce and served with fresh vegetables works as a great weeknight meal.
- 300g closed-cup mushrooms, halved
- 500g chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 200ml teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 300g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 50ml water
- 4 cups rice noodles
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Marinate the chicken in teriyaki sauce for 20 minutes. Drain the chicken but keep the marinade.
- Add 1 tbsp of the sunflower oil to a wok/frying pan and stir fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes until sealed. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oils and fry the onion, mushrooms, broccoli and red pepper for 2 minutes. Return the chicken and marinade to the wok, add a little water. Cook for 1-2 minutes until chicken is cooked. Serve with rice noodles and toasted sesame seeds.