A fabulous typical Mexican dish, this chicken and mushroom blend tacos are a quick serve, served with plenty of mushrooms, beef, salsa and of course, guacamole!
For the tacos
- 2 portobello mushrooms, finely diced by hand or in a food processor
- 400g chicken mince
- 12 corn tacos
- 4 tbsp taco seasoning
For the pickled onion
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp curly parsley, chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Dash of olive oil
For the guacamole
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- Pinch of salt
For the coriander sauce
- Small bunch of coriander, leave some for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pickle the onion by heating the vinegar, water and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Pour over the onion and set aside.
- Make the salsa by combining the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Mash the guacamole ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Blitz the green chilli sauce ingredients together in a food processor and set aside.
- Heat a sauté pan with a little olive oil and fry the mince and mushrooms for about 4 minutes. Add the taco seasoning, stir well and cook for a couple more minutes. Check and adjust the seasoning to your taste. Set aside.
- Heat the tacos in a cast iron pan for 10 seconds each side. Fill each with the chicken and mushroom mix, top with the pickled onions, salsa, guacamole and chilli sauce. Serve with fresh coriander.
-TIP- For a kick to your coriander sauce, add 2 green chillies into the mix.